Southern Suburbs of Cape Town
We seek to appoint a Finance Manager who would work closely with our Board of Directors,
to support the implementation of the business strategy through effective financial
management, analysis and reporting.
The ideal incumbent will ideally:
- Be responsible for all financial issues and provide strategic recommendations based on financial analysis, projections, costs and revenue analysis and continuously drive new business opportunities for growth and expansion aimed to deliver improved profits, cash generation and investment returns to shareholders.
- Be capable of growing into a financial director.
- As the finance expert, you will get the opportunity to report on all the financials of the company to the board members, suggest strategic plans for the budgets and financial forecasts as well as manage the entire finance function with a very hands-on approach. You will also be accountable for the operations of the Group.
- The overall tasks and responsibility of the holder of this function is to ensure smooth financial operation including stringent cost control, to maintain and manage a finance department to proactively deploy resources furthering the financial result of the business.
- This position is responsible for the running of the Group’s Finance department from a strategic and operational standpoint to ensure that financial and administrative goals and objectives are achieved. This position will ideally be one that the successful incumbent could grow with over time eventually becoming a Financial Director.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement and coordinate process and finance information, system change and enhancements
- Analyse, monitor and report on financial performance regarding profitability of the company
- Analyse cash flow, cost controls and expenses and give advice to the business
- Proactive management reporting on all financial areas of the business
- Provide trend analysis and business metrics to advise on business decisions and profitability
- Track individual departments against budget – both on income and expenses
- Oversees and approves the processing on revenue and expenditure
- Coordinates the preparation of financial statements and reports
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards
- Manage credit control process ensuring effective collection of all outstanding premiums.
- Support corporate finance – responsibilities to include due diligence, financial modelling and forecasting.
- Oversee and manage the Risk Management plan of the business
- Ensure compliance in terms of all the financial requirements (SARS, and Companies Act, etc.)
- Oversee and manage the procurement function of the company in line with business strategy
- Manage and oversee budget processes
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and oversee the financial management and profitability of the company
- Responsible for business forecasts and analysis
- Manage the performance of the Finance team
- Responsible for overseeing and taking part in audit processes with external auditors
- Assist with compliance where necessary
- Ensure timely and accurate bookkeeping and reconciliation of accounts for monthly, quarterly and year-end closings according to local requirements and company standards including internal and external audit
- Fixed assets
- Risk management
- Identify potential risks
- Cash management
- Ensure that processes I guidelines in the context of risk management are adhered to
- Ensure periodic financial reporting to Directors (i.e. P&L, balance sheet, etc
- Prepare periodic management reports for Directors (i.e. customer profitability, aging of receivables, etc)
- Ensure compliance to local laws and timely regulatory reporting
- Keep management informed on areas of risk (i.e. fraud, loss of income, loss of profit, loss of system integrity, etc)
- Research and implement additional income streams such as rewards earned for company credit card payments, additional commissions from suppliers for early payments, etc
- Constantly optimise work processes in order to achieve higher profitability and reduce the risk of financial loss, loss of revenue or fraud
- Liaise with other company units in the same legal entity with regards to tax and legal matters (if applicable)
- Interface between Directors and external/internal auditors
- Constantly review and optimise taxes and cash investments
- Keep yourself informed and updated on changes of accounting/tax laws and provide management with all relevant information
- Annual Financial Statements
- Identify areas of risk to the business from an accounting controls perspective and ensure that adequate procedures are in place to mitigate and manage those risks.
- Compile management accounts from accounting package and consolidate the management accounts for the group.
- Providing and interpreting financial information
- Business modelling and forecasting
- Monitoring performance and efficiency
- Participating in strategic planning and formulating long-term business plans
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance
- Developing complex finance models
- Assessing the financial implications of new or existing ventures
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Overseeing budgetary control
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Must have a high level of proficiency in MS Office with specific strengths in Excel and PowerPoint
Advanced excel (advantageous)
- Commercial qualification in the form of a degree from a recognized institution
- We would prefer someone with commercial acumen who could eventually be a business partner
- Previous experience in a management role in a similar field
- Must have managed a team of employees within a department of a Group Company
- Driver’s license and own transport
- At least 3/5 years experience in a similar role
- Advanced MS Word, with Excel and PowerPoint skills a must
- Knowledge of accounting systems (Pastel Evolution)
- Experience in managing staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum of 3/5 years Commercial experience (Financial Services advantageous)
- Strong Management experience and able to demonstrate this
- CA (SA) - essential
- High EQ with the ability to deal with conflict and change
NON – NEGOTIABLE:
- You need to stay current with market trends and have an excellent understanding of business objectives and our clients’ requirements.
- You need to be service orientated and have the ability to create client value whilst maintaining profitable business results.
- You need to have a proven track record. We would like someone who is ready for a change in environment but has the relevant skills set we require. You need to be a team – player (this is a very important part of the position) and you also need to be able to display initiative and be self – driven.
- Finally, we care about our clients, our colleagues, and the environment and we want you to do the same